Tuesday 11 February 2014

The joys of eBay hunting

 - I think those plants need some water -


As a Tamagotchi fan, like I am sure you probably are, we all know the joys and pains of eBay hunting. Finding that one perfect deal for that Tamagotchi you have been looking for such a long time.

Without forums like TamaTalk it's really hard to know wether the price you think you'll go for is reasonable or not. Adds like the one below are easy to detect, which is clearly outrageous by the way, but how can you tell what is a bargain and what is not?

- Is this person trying to make a statement or was it a typo?  -

As per discussed in a previous entry, Devilgotchi's will go for around $270 USD a pop (if mint and in box). For a Devil, that's actually reasonable. If it were a Tama-Go, it'd be a whole nother matter.

Other than the prices, there's the payment to worry about. Some people (like me) don't have a creditcard. Luckily for me, I live in Europe, where SEPA has just been introduced. Now, PayPal can automatically withdraw money from my debit account and pay for my orders. This is very important, because since I don't own a creditcard, I wouldn't be able to buy 90% of the Tamagotchi's offered on eBay. If you don't live in Europe and don't have creditcard, you can pretty much give up on those great deals before you even started looking.

- When you read the offer, it says that it is used, doesn't work and has scratches... Total bargain! -

Let's say we found our bargain, we can pay for it, we ordered it and now we wait. 



....


Still waiting


....

AARGH! I can't take this anymore! Message the seller "Have you sent my Tamagotchi yet??!!" No reply. Eventhough you've checked their feedback and all seemed so well... That's why I only spend money on eBay that I'm willing to "throw away" if you will. I wouldn't be very hurt if the money is gone.

I know you can try and get it back through PayPal or eBay but still. It's a risk you're taking. 

Eventhough we all go through these pains we still just love to hunt. I hunt on eBay for my dreams like Devilgotchi's and Ocean's English. I know they will never come within the range I'm willing to pay yet I still look them up time and time again. Until eventually I'll probably crack and overspend. *sigh*. 

Hold on, I'm just gonna check eBay real quick. Brb.



No comments:

Post a Comment