Thursday 20 February 2014

To pierce or not to pierce...

- Some of the pierces for the P's -

I am expecting my new Tamagothi P's to arrive any day now. For the P's it's possible to buy a so called "pierce". A pin like item that is sold seperately from the Tamagotchi which adds certain features like new games, other characters, food, items and locations.

You can check out this wiki to see what all the different pierces do.

Now I stand before the very important question: to pierce or not to pierce? The pierce I'm leaning towards is the one with the hearts, the Love & Melody.

- Love & Melody pierce -

I looked it up on eBay and the cheapest it goes for now is $50 USD. That's very steep if you ask me. It will provide me with a additional game, three food items, additional characters and so forth, but still. My P's itself was $53 USD. I could buy another Tamagotchi for the price of just this one pierce! 

Word on the forums is that the additional game is actually really hard to beat. I was mostly interested in it because of the additional game. Right now I'm running my iDL and man, are those two games getting old! But if it's a really hard game.... even for adults, I'm not quite sure I'd want to spend so much money on it. I don't really care about the extra characters or the wallpaper. New food items are nice but no reason to pay that kind of money for.

I guess I'm just going to wait and see if the pierces get cheaper and if I feel like I still want one after playing with my P's for a while. Maybe I'll buy it if I get tired of the standard stuff and want something new to explore.

If you have a P's, you can vote on the poll on the right if you have a pierce and if so, which one. You can also leave a comment below to tell me about the pierce(s) you got and how you like them. I'd really appreciate some advice on which ones to get or to avoid and the prices to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment